Sunday, April 27, 2008

YEAH Scrappy Mail!!!!

I was SOOO excited on Friday to find a box from the Post Office sitting on my doorstep!! (It was a good thing we went to play outside in between rainstorms, or it would have been ruined by the monsoon we got a half hour later!) Well back to the box it was my prize and RAK I won from Scrappy Girl Designs back in the beginning of February!! Inside was a mini kit called "Rough & Tumble Boy" and the Heidi Swapp "PLAY" acrylic stamp and Amber also included a blue cat's eye ink! The kit was neat as it contained some photos of LO ideas for the kit! The kit contains some AWESOME Dream Street papers, Bazzill cardstock, Heidi Swapp credit card stars, MM boy phrase stickers, brads and ribbon! I can't wait to go and play with ALL the fun stuff!





I FINALLY got a LO done!! Its been like FOREVER since I've completed a new one, well actually this is a 2 page LO, so it counts for 2! ;) I haven't done a 2 page LO in WOW about 9 months!! I got into doing 1 pagers and well forgot about the poor 2 page LO! I am submitting this to the Dixie Pieces April challenges I made this LO using the month of sketches from Creating Keepsakes magazine. I used cardstock from stash, MM chipboard letter painted with Twinkling H2Os, Scenic Route sticker letters, Daisy D's buttons, Embroidery floss (I found this kind that is bigger and better than the regular stuff! I don't know if its new or not, but I'm loving it!), DCWV cardstock, Stampin Up ink, Doodle bug brads, ? cupcake embossed paper that I used a sanding block to take the color off the embossed part and I distressed the edges of the paper too.



Well I got a call from my grandma tonight and it looks like the scrapbook for my cousin is a dead project! :( My aunt thinks it is a bad idea as my other cousin is having a hard time living in his brother's shadow! I told my grandma I feel bad as my cousin is like # 1 or 2 in his class and no one ever talks about it, and he is EXCELLENT in track and again no one ever talks about it to avoid the feelings of his younger brother! My grandma said maybe we will do it and give it to him when no one is around and tell him not to talk about it. I feel bad as my one cousin struggles and the other one excels and I think they both suffer due to the whole "other kid's feelings".

Well I gotta run!

TFL!

Valerie

1 comment:

marcibun said...

Great layout! Glad you got your prize, Amber is a nice woman. Perfect colors for you :)

Thanks For Visiting!