Thursday, April 1, 2010

I am giving up Scrapping!!

April Fools!!

LOL!!!! I could NEVER do that!! I think even if I broke my arms I would still find a way to scrap!

So I am LOVING our weather right now! Yesterday we had a high of 77 degrees!!! And today we are expected to hit 80!!! I even got some sun! We are going to get some rain and cool down a bit for this weekend (of course) but the weather is AWESOME!! I am listening to the Cardinals and some other birds sing as I type right now. The birds are all back and it is SO soothing to listen to them sing their songs. Yesterday I watched as 3 hawks circled around in the sky for the longest time, the trees have buds, the neighbors tulips are coming up, the grass is getting green-it is SOOO nice to see the world come back to life! I hope that this is the end of old man winter, and that we are heading full steam ahead to summer!

Ok onto all things scrappy! This week at Paper Popsicles we are having ribbon week, so show us all your projects using ribbon! And here are my projects for the week. When I saw my items to work with this week I knew right away what I wanted to do!

First up is the tea kettle shape card which you can get here.

I traced it onto Basic Grey Lemonade pp and onto Cordinations cs. I cut the pieces of the tea kettle from cs to use on the front. I inked the edges of the pieces with My Mind's Eye ink. On the top of the tea kettle I used DoodleBug rub-ons and wrote "Happy Birthday!" I used this string type ribbon that was on a Making Memories purple ribbons card and used it as the string on the "tea bag" and the tag of the the "tea bag" is cut from a piece of Basic Grey Lemonade lace paper. And while I had my Basic Grey Lemonade paper out I decided to use another piece of the lace paper to cut out a "lace doily" to place my tea pot onto. I cut thin strips of the edge of pop dots to stand the tea kettle onto the doily and used a piece of lace to hide the pop dots.

For the back of the I used remaining cs and stamped a sentiment on it, I used some Maya Road ric rac along the top, and some Making Memories flowers on the top. I needed a little support on the back to help the tea kettle stand up straight so I stacked some pop dots up for support and used a Prima flower to cover the pop dots!
Next I got to work with this adorable image of Elizabeth in a raincoat which you can get here.

I had this Spring Fling pp from Pink Paislee which I thought would be perfect for this card so I used that as well as Cordinations cs. I colored Elizabeth with my Copic markers, and then used Judykins Diamond Glaze to cover her raincoat, hat, umbrella and boots. I love the shiny look it gives just like a real raincoat.
So make sure to make some ribbon creations and play along with us at Paper Popsicles! And don't forget to link your creation here to be entered for the April prize which is 18 sheets of alpha stickers!!!!






There is just SO much going on at Paper Popsicles right now as we have a challenge to use this week's theme and digi image and create a gift bag using the Monday Freebie and ribbon. You can post your project right here!

Also Helmar is sponsoring a Spring/Easter challenge!! All you need to do is create a springtime layout with at least 3 pictures and the word Spring in the title. You have till Wed April 21 at midnight to link your project here! They have this wonderful prize package that you can win!!


And on one final note for today I have joined the nice people over at SCRAP That and they have a LOT of fun stuff going over there as well! There is a cute Paper Popsicles basket shaped card contest going on-you have until tomorrow to make a card and enter it in a contest to win a great prize, there are sketches and so much more! So come on over have some fun!

Well I am off to go enjoy this GORGEOUS day!! Have a good one!

TFL!
Valerie

3 comments:

Gwen Anderson said...

Great cards Val! I especially love the rainy day one!

Leah said...

Those cards are so cute! Especially love the kettle shaped one. And we are loving this weather in our area too.. it's 83 degrees here today!
Have a great weekend!

Tammy Miller said...

great great projects love your tea pot!!!

Thanks For Visiting!