Sunday, April 11, 2010

What a weekend!

I'm not even sure I know what happened to it! Amazing how sometimes you blink and then think WOW where did the last couple days go? That is what I am thinking today!

First is it was my week to post at Midnight Oil and with opening day of baseball this past Monday I decided to break out some of the yummy baseball products they have and make a fun layout for some T-Ball pictures of the boys! Be sure to head on over here and check out my project!

Well I had these ready to post on Thursday and just never made it to posting them!

So next is a layout I made for the Paper Popsicles Birthday layout challenge using a sketch from Scrap That!. I had this pattern paper for a while now and never used it so I pulled it out along with the Jenni Bowlin Bingo cards! I used Bazzill cardstock, DoodleBug letters & numbers, various Thickers, Pink Paislee chipboard and some of the fun new Helmar adhesives I just got-Zapdots, Premium Craft glue and Quickfix adhesive runner! LOVE adhesive that works and is high quality! Next I made a card and welcome sign for my Brother and his fiance's new house. I used this super cute house shaped card template from Paper Popsicles and cut the card out of Kaiser Kraft paper, outlined the roof with Maya Road ric rac and the chimney with Maya Road pom pom ribbon. The flowers along the bottom are also Maya Road. I stamped a sentiment on a piece of My Mind's Eye paper and inked it with Distress ink. Again I had fun using the Helmar adhesives for this project-I am LOVING how well the Craft Glue works with the ribbon!For the welcome sign I used a wooden sign I had bought at the $1.00 store and I used Making Memories Acrylic paint in Manilla to paint the sides and covered the front of the sign with My Mind's Eye Bella Bella French Flea Market paper. I used Crackle paint to cover Basic Grey chipboard letters and then rubbed Distress ink over the letters. I added Prima flowers and bling and tied a BoBunny ribbon to hang it with. I hope that they will enjoy this and that it welcomes happiness into their new home!



Well that's it for tonight! Stayed tuned for some fun projects at Paper Popsicles this week-our theme is sewing! Maybe that's why its so hard to type tonight! LOL!!

TFL!

Valerie

No comments:

Thanks For Visiting!