Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Well after spending ALL of Mother's Day and part of yesterday recovering from a migraine I am back to show you the creations I have created!

First up is a card I made for a friend to give her mom for Mother's Day. It is made with the GORGEOUS BoBunny Jazmyn papers and icandy! It was SO much fun to just go to town and create this card! I used a Martha Stewart Eyelet border punch, Making memories Flutter letters as well as Bazzill and Cordination cardstock to make this.

Next up I tried my hand at making some canvas creations as gifts for my mom and grandmother. My mom's is first and it was a learning process with it as to what works and doesn't, but overall I am happy with the end result excecpt for the picture-I wish I would have "antiqued" it. To make this I sprayed the canvas with Glimmer Mist and Shimmerz Spritz to give the background a warmer feel and give it some shimmer. The pattern paper and die cut is My Mind's Eye Andrea Victoria, Thickers, Lace from Hobby Lobby, and some Prima bling!

Next is the canvas I made for my grandmother. I again sprayed hers with Glimmer Mist and Shimmerz Spritz. For this picture when I printed it at home my ink was running low and I was not happy with the quality of the black and white photo. So I decided to get creative and try something new. I grabbed my Caramel Alcohol ink and cut a piece of felt, I squirted some ink on the felt and began gently rubbing the ink over the photo. I was nervous but quickly relieved to see the results I was hoping for. My photo looked like it was a very old picture. The color of the ink worked great with the colors of the My Mind's Eye Andrea Victoria paper! I added some Prima Bling, flowers, and leaves that I sanded slightly and added some of the Caramel alcohol ink too as well to help them coordinate with the paper as well. To finish off the page I used Basic Grey chipboard letters and colored them with Butterscotch alcohol ink. I just wish I wasn't in such a hurry and took a better picture of these! I guess I will need to go over to their house and steal some better pics!


Next up are the cards for Paper Popsicles this week! The theme is flowers this week, so be sure to head on over and check out everyone's creations! And don't forget for each new creation you make during the month you will be entered into the drawing for that YUMMY Martha Stewart glitter!
For this watering can shaped card (which is the FREEBIE this week!) I used Basic Grey Kioshi paper and sanded the edges to get the white outline, Maya Road flower ribbon, Making Memories glitter letter stickers and Prima flowers which I sprayed with Shimmerz Spritz in Bubblegum. I just LOVE the shimmer that was added to the flowers!
I think this card is just so pretty and everytime I look at it I think Wedding Shower invite! Well with both of my brothers engaged I have to start planning these things in my head! I just think the postage with those flowers on it would be crazy!
Next is my digi image card. I colored the image with the good old Copic markers, the pattern paper is Pink Paislee, Maya Road flower ribbon, Zva creative crystals, and cardstock from DCWV and Cordinations.

Well I hope all the mommies had a good Mother's Day and everyone enjoyed today's eye candy! I will be back with more soon!

TFL!

Valerie

4 comments:

Joaniebolognie said...

The cards are beautiful!.....as well as the layouts!

Joaniebolognie said...

OMG.....I just realized that those are on canvas! WOW! What a wonderful gift!

Anonymous said...

OMG The Bo Bunny Cards is AWESOME!!! You are so talented!

Unknown said...

Great job on your cards this week. Love the flowers on the watering can.

Thanks For Visiting!