Monday, July 7, 2008

I've Got A Golden Ticket, I've Got A Golden Ticket...

To Summer CHA 2008!!!!!! I am SOOOO EXCITED!!! The wonderful Ms. Sherry over at Dixie Pieces has offered to "hook me up" with a pass!! I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas to come! All the new scrappy goodies to look at, the stars of scrapbooking to meet, and of course the pen and paper taking notes of all the goodies I will have to get!!! I have never been to CHA, so I have NO idea what to expect, except to feel overwhelmed by the miles of scrappy goodness!!! : ) It is going to be held in Rosemont which is a quick 30 minute ride from my house, so I can't wait to get in on the fun, and maybe get to meet some of the people from the message boards! I hope I have my camera back by then! No news on the camera yet, so I am hoping the old saying no news is good news applies here!

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! Ours was definitely action packed! Thursday we went to the Schaumburg flyers game/fireworks-they lost, Friday we went to the Chicago White Sox game/fireworks-they lost, Saturday we went to my parents' condo in Fox Lake- 1 hour trip turned into 2, took us 1 hour to go 3 miles!! Sunday the boys played in the pool in the backyard with 2 of their friends, and today we went to the zoo with my girlfriend Sheila! Can you say EXHAUSTED!!!!??? And I'm not quite sure who is more exhausted the boys or me!! It was fun to be busy and have things to do, but I am drained! It will be nice to stay in tomorrow, because then the craziness will start again! Friday night I am going to Hannah's to scrapbook-YEAH I haven't gone out to scrap since June 6th!! I haven't had anytime WITHOUT the boys since that night either!! Saturday we will either go to Beanie Baby day at the zoo or go see Diego at Kiddie Land, and Sunday I have a bridal shower for my girlfriend Cara who got married on the beach in Florida in May-which I need to go this week to get the present and I need to finish a project I am working on for her too! This is REALLY a CRAZY summer!! The following week is CHA and I have a graduation party, the next week ANOTHER bridal shower and my grandpa's birthday and the very next day he goes back to the hospital to HOPEFULLY have his colon reconnected! YIKES!! And August is looking to be just as busy!

It is crazy as I am sitting here at my computer out of the corner of my eye I can see a MASSIVE electrical storm going on! All I see is the sky continually lighting up, and it has been going on for a while now! There is a BIG storm just to the north of me, and we are suppose to be getting a SEVERE storm overnight! I wish I had my camera to capture this! Its neat and scary all at the same time! I am a BIG wimp!!! I HATE storms!!! WOW this looks like it is getting pretty close, I think I should call it a night on my computer and shut down for the night just in case!

Have A Good Night!
Valerie

No comments:

Thanks For Visiting!